Sunday, July 19, 2009

Better-Than-Sex Cake


I found this recipe on Lauren's Kitchen. The name of this cake made me laugh and I knew I had to try it. This cake is extremely rich but so good. I suggest that you make it with a 13" x 9" pan. I made it with a round 9" so I could have an extra cake to give my boyfriend. I definitely do not advise layering it because I think it would just be way too much.

Pair it with some vanilla ice cream for the perfect dessert!




Ingredients
  • 1 box chocolate cake mix
  • 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
  • 1 (16 ounce) jar caramel sauce
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tub Cool Whip
  • 1 (8 ounce) bar cream cheese
  • 2 Heath bars

Preheat oven as directed on cake box.

Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Add half the bag of chocolate chips, pour in cake pan and top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake as directed on the box.

Meanwhile, mix the caramel and the condensed milk together in a bowl. When the cake comes out of the oven, poke holes in the cake with a straw and then pour the caramel mix over the top and let sit until cool.

In medium bowl, beat Cool Whip and cream cheese until combined. Top cooled cake with Cool Whip mixture and the candy pieces.

Keep chilled before serving.

1 comment:

  1. I made it and it was delicious! The heath bar really made it amazing. I also tried it with the ice cream and it was fantastic!

    Totally recommend!!

    ReplyDelete